Data Storage Policy
- Two shared folder spaces:
/bm14(500Gb soft limit, backed up weekly/daily) and
/bm14_scratch(not backed up, use for temp data only).
/projects/bm14/dataon M3 as the primary storage facility to store raw data files. Make sure to read Miguel's
- M3 documentation on the user file system here
2. Server in room 217
- Use this as secondary storage, if you want. Otherwise, M3 is preferred.
- Two spinning disks: 500Gb in
/scratch, 500 Gb in
- No backup schedule in place
3. Monash Shared Drive
- Data recoverable up to 30 days
- Best used to backup active project folders (scripts, manuscripts, etc), but not really large data files
- Technically no storage limit, but this is they probably didn't foresee users asking to store hundreds of terabytes of data
- Cumbersome to access via command line (needs to be mounted first)
- All in all, not terribly useful.
-  Because it's not really worth backing up data on the same machine (the point is to back up data on a different machine)
-  Linux users: mount with
cifs. S: path is:
//ad.monash.edu/shared. Desktop users: Link on how to mount the S: drive.